Your immersion program
Your stay at home!
First, let's talk about the benefits of a French immersion!
And yes, what better way to learn a language than language bathing, immersion in a family?
To learn a language is to understand how it works, to appropriate its construction, its idioms, its great lexical richness. There is nothing better than learning in context. Learning a language also means observing customs and cultural habits, listening to interactions between native speakers and taking part in conversations.
Live authentic life situations, immerse yourself in the musicality of our language, enrich your lexical knowledge, strengthen your grammatical skills and above all, leave with beautiful memories of shared moments of conviviality.
A typical one-week immersion (7 days,
6 nights) includes, but is not limited to:
This one week program is very flexible. The price of accommodation depends on what exactly you want to do, but you will always be informed in advance if there are any additional costs.
• Half-board (2 meals per day): continental breakfast + lunch with your teacher or dinner with the family, as desired. You are welcome to prepare your meal in the kitchen, but there are also many dining options. We can also provide you with a small silent fridge to store food or drinks in your room if necessary.
Please specify if you prefer the Full board formula with 3 meals per day.
• Accommodation in your own room with a double bed, desk and armchair, wardrobe and your own shower room with sink and toilet. Sheets and towels are provided. Hair dryer available.
• 15 hours of individual face-to-face French lessons per week, generally 3 hours in the morning over 5 days. Homework if you want it.
• 2 accompanied outings, cultural or sporting activities of your choice (entrance fees not included and depending on your choice possible additional gasoline and toll costs)
• Preferred arrival Monday morning, departure the following Sunday morning - but I am flexible and can accommodate your request.
In addition to this, you need to know more about it.
• The fees for this program are 1300 euros per week, for one person, half board.
The cost for this program is 1400 euros per week, for one person, full board.
• For an additional person, the price per week is:
200 euros in half board, with shared excursions, without lessons
400 euros in half board with lessons and shared excursions
300 euros full board, with shared excursions, without lessons
500 euros full board with lessons and shared excursions
• For a more effective language experience, I think it would be better if you came alone. However, you are welcome to come with your spouse, a relative or a friend. Your room with a double bed can accommodate two people.
Depending on the weather, your interests, your mood and what you would like to do, I can organize longer excursions for a possible supplement:
• A horseback ride around Lake Miribel or in the mountains near Lyon,
• The North or South Rhône valley and its cellars,
Valence or Annecy,
• A weekend in the Regional Natural Park of the Monts d'Ardèche, a small mountain where we have our base,
• The medieval city of Pérouges,
• A French cooking workshop… or something else!
There is so much to do here, just tell me what you'd like to do, and we'll sort out the details!
TO BETTER KNOW YOUR EXPECTATIONS
Please write me a detailed message regarding
your stay or your online courses
1. Your stay
Please tell us if you are traveling alone or with friends/ family (and if so, how many people will be staying with us and/ or also taking classes. Please tell us a little more about them).
Specify the duration of your desired immersion stay and whether you are flexible on the immersion dates.
Give some information about yourself: the country where you live, your hobbies, your goal of learning French, the type of immersion you want (little / a lot of homework, outdoor activities or more indoors ), food allergies or other problems you may have.
2. Your online courses
Give some information about yourself: your goal of learning French, your needs, your expectations, in which country you live.
Say what your availability is (French time), the frequency of the lessons you want and from when you want to start the lessons.
Knowing a little more about yourself from the start would be really helpful and a huge time saver, thanks!